Sunday 25 July 2010

Haunted

Climbing into bed late with the laptop after a long night out, I'm catching up on what's been happening in the online worlds, when for the first time ever I hear loud stentorian snoring from my flatmates, so loud it seems to be coming from inside the room - wait a moment, it is coming from inside the room.

Someone invisible has taken up residence in my room - the hairs rise on the back of my neck. It seems to be coming from under the bed. It takes my all my courage to look under the bed & confront the intruder. Who is snoring like an emphysemic walrus under my bed?

It is Fizzy, (the mardy house cat) who gives me a wounded look when I turf her out from her comfortable crib on top of my wheely suitcase.

Thank fuck for that, I thought I had a ghost. A ghost who snores.

1 comment:

  1. It could have easily been a narcoleptic burgler. Lucky this time.

    ReplyDelete