Monday 4 April 2011

They let me out

A rare two days out of school in King's Cross for the rep's course.

Great to spend time talking with adults for a change, it made me realise just how much I need to change jobs, much as I love the kids. They give us lovely food and proper coffee. It takes little to keep us happy. And at least 5 good-looking men, which is not bad for a room full of teachers. (Not to denigrate my profession but most of them are women. Specifically, mostly knackered looking middle aged women. I fit right in.)

One of them I clock straight away over the other side of the room, he has slightly spiky hair, nice arms, a mischievous face. He catches me looking. His eyes crinkle when he smiles, it's very engaging. He asks me if I'm coming to the pub when we finish on Friday. We bond over sneaking outside to smoke. I don't know if I'm flirting, I've forgotten how, but I like talking to him.

It was ridiculous but I felt somehow relieved. It came as a relief to find I could still fancy someone else. It was like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

3 comments:

  1. oh my GOD I know exactly what you mean. I can't remember the last time I even saw someone vaguely attactive, never mind actually fancied a man. Perhaps there is hope?

    Good luck on Friday then....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Third sister to this sensation... Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spin, ah, I have a bad habit of writing in the present tense. This was last week, we had a drink then I left, but it was nice. Because I've liked someone who's not interested for long enough now.

    B, definitely! Never say never!

    ReplyDelete